Thursday 27 September 2018

Review: MEO Pocket Slapper

MEO POcket Slapper Oh Glow Blog review South African sex blog BDSM impact play
As regular readers are aware, we're trying to expand our review repertoire and improve the diversity of what we post by branching out into some BDSM-friendly implements. Also, perhaps we're just a wee bit kinky. Nevertheless, I'm still a bit of a wuss when it comes to impact play. Wooden paddles look too rigid and intimidating for my tender, unconditioned butt; yet I'm interested in exploring. Fortunately, the team at MEO sent me a glorious box of fun containing a variety of really excellent hitty things, including a great starter toy -- their Pocket Slapper (this link is NSFW so exercise caution).

As the name suggests, this little guy is small enough to be casually slipped into the back pocket of a pair of jeans and this renders it more adorable than terrifying. More like a pomeranian than a pit-bull, which suits me fine as I am a sucker for cute things. As a novice, the diminutive size and flexible construction of this impact tool seemed more approachable than an unforgiving wooden paddle, and I was correct. This toy provides just enough sting to be noticed, but I've never actually felt hurt by it. The surface area is too large to provide a whipping sting like our recently-reviewed Dragon Tail, but not large enough to really thwack down with power and might. Or perhaps that's just because I've been wielding it with a lighter hand?

MEO POcket Slapper Oh Glow Blog review South African sex blog BDSM impact play
After all, I've mostly been using it for the percussive effect. Kinkly defines a slapper as "provid[ing] a sensation similar to those of paddles, but with a little extra 'slap' from the second layer of leather." Indeed, the MEO Pocket Slapper has an extra layer of leather which creates a disproportionately loud whacking noise, even for a gentle swat. This can really mess with your head as the sound may make you jump despite the sensation being manageable, which could be a lot of fun. The added drama of the noise provides some shock value, potentially tricking your partner into believing that they are taking harder slaps than they really are, and my tender and unbruised butt is a fan of such devious misdirection. Other than the feeling of accomplishment this may provide, it also means that this would be a wonderful tool for beginners who want to explore some low-risk impact without missing out on the psychological effects. The only potentially negative implication of this is that it does mean that this toy gets a bit noisy at times, so if you have housemates or live in an apartment with thin walls, it might be a good idea to put on some ambient tunes to act as white noise.

MEO POcket Slapper Oh Glow Blog review South African sex blog BDSM impact play
I'm super happy with this great little tool. The construction and materials can't be faulted -- the leather is thick and sturdy, featuring a loop for easy hanging storage and a tiny red tag depicting the MEO branding on the non-impact side. It's minimalist, and I like it. Even the packaging is low-key -- a simple plastic sleeve and a small pamphlet about caring for leather. An occasional wipe with a damp soapy cloth and some semi-regular conditioning (I use plan ol' Dubbin) will make this toy last years; if not indefinitely. I almost wish I could say more, but like ... there's nothing wrong with this handy little slapper and I have no constructive criticism. It just does its job.

Is this slapper for you? As a beginner, I would wholeheartedly recommend it as an excellent entry-point for fellow lightweights looking to explore. It also helped reassure me: hey, impact stuff isn't so bad! I actually feel like I might be emotionally ready to level up from this little guy. But hey, even if you're a more experienced practitioner, you may find the Pocket Slapper handy for smaller, targeted areas on the body, or perhaps as a warm-up tool before switching out to something more intense. Either way, I think this toy has some great potential for a variety of skill levels.

Thanks again to MEO for working with me and sending me such a great selection of goodies! I loved their service as well as their toys, and would highly recommend taking a look at their stock. As always, be certain that you're on a safe network away from the eyes of minors before checking out the MEO website as it can be quite explicit. When you can, you should check out what other BDSM delights they have to offer and say hi on social media -- they are a wonderful team of humans.

Website  ♡  Instagram  ♡  Tumblr  ♡  Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Affiliates