Thursday 16 February 2017

Featured: Five Weird Sexual Studies

Oh Glow Blog science sexuality sexual studies sex positive

I'm a big fan of books, and especially love to read about the stuff that interests me. When I heard about journalist Mary Roach's series of themed nonfiction, I read everything I could get my hands on. While her writing always has a strong undercurrent of humour, the subject that provided the greatest wealth of humorous material was the science of human sexuality.

Bonk provided the inspiration for my weird science article at Slutty Girl Problems. The book itself was dry and funny, providing a fairly comprehensive account of the strange ways in which science has interacted with sex. Roach has covered many of these in her TED talk, but the book is packed with fascinating information about the strangest ways that human intimacy has been prodded in a lab. I discuss my favourites in my article, including gems like:

Polyester is bad for rat libido's, and yours.
Masturbating with dildo-cameras -- for science!
Your height might be liked to your ability to climax during PIV sex.
Penises are shaped like boomerangs, and other MRI discoveries.
Science labs occasionally need sex toys to figure out evolution.

Interested in learning more marginally off-colour conversation starters? Read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Affiliates