Monday 27 February 2017

Featured: Bijoux Indiscrets Round-up

I've been lucky to have gotten a number of Bijoux Indiscrets products for review from the two sites I guest for, and I'm feeling particularly grateful because I genuinely love the brand. Their products are fancy, flirty, and forever possessing classic style, so what's not to love?

If you've ever been interested in the Bijoux Indiscrets range, but maybe wanted to check out the slightly more affordable options first, you can see what I thought about some of their beautiful roleplay accessories below (and a bonus look into their large-scale project about female pleasure).

 

Oh Glow Blog Bijoux Indiscrets sequin pasties review lingerie burlesque roleplay

Sequined Burlesque Pasties

Read the full review here.

...The caps almost mimic a sense of being clothed due to their substantial nature, but still provide the freedom and comfort of going without a bra. I really liked the way they shimmered as my body moved; ambient light gleaming off the sequins and drawing attention exactly where it needed to be. 
My partner was similarly impressed. Initially he didn’t seem sure of what he was looking at, but when he realised what they were he was very intrigued, especially because I feel less naked and more inclined to be casually topless when I’m wearing them. We’ve also been having a heat wave so I tend to wear the Bijoux Indiscrets Sequin Burlesque Pasties pretty often these days, and haven’t been hearing any complaints. 
The Bijoux Indiscrets Sequin Burlesque Pasties allow me to imagine myself as possessing old Hollywood glamour when I’m thus adorned, even though the reality is that I’m actually just beached on the couch in a film of my own sweat and pretty sparklies don’t quite negate that mental image.
Oh Glow Blog Bijoux Indiscrets Kristine mask review lingerie burlesque roleplay

Kristine Vinyl Mask

Read the full review here.

In use, I found that the adhesive stickers are pretty strong, doing a good job of not allowing the mask to flop off my face despite the heavy moisturiser I use. I can imagine that wearing foundation would make keeping it secure a touch harder though, but you can always add more stickers if necessary. I really loved how the Kristine mask isn’t held up by anything external to the design. There’s no awkward piece of elastic that goes around your head and looks sloppy, no pins, no heaviness of the mask itself. Just a pure sense of weightless, like I was peering out through a delicate geometric cage. The mask doesn’t obscure too much of your vision, but I did find myself very aware of the way my eyes were partially covered but simultaneously highlighted. It was a pretty cool feeling! I loved the way it immediately made me look mysterious and a little aloof, despite the fact that I was still in my pyjamas, and I could easily imagine wearing it as part of a fancy-dress outfit or sensual roleplay encounter.
Oh Glow Blog Bijoux Indiscrets Magnifique waist chain review lingerie burlesque roleplay

Magnifique Waist Chain

Read the full review here.
 
 
Putting on the chain is easy, just hold it over your body and adjust until you feel comfortable and sexayyy. Bijoux has a few suggestions for placement, namely around the waist with the centre circle aligned with your spine and the descending loops cascading over your butt; pulled over one hip with the loops falling on either side; or around your chest with the circle between your breasts. I think this last one is my favourite, because that’s some serious Princess Jasmine shit. I like the way it almost cups my breasts without digging in uncomfortably, allowing the chains to dangle and fall freely. This looks awesome with a bra, and even better without.
Wearing it this way makes me feel like a sensual belly-dancer because of the way the chains react to movement. They jiggle against your skin with every step you take, making you supremely conscious of what you’re wearing and how you’re moving. It’s a wonderful, tactile reminder of what you’re wearing, and why.

The Fiction vs Reality in Sex Project

Read the full article here.
Oh Glow Blog Bijoux Indiscrets review lingerie orgasm sex pleasure burlesque roleplay

Lastly, I wrote an article about the Bijoux Indiscrets Fiction vs Reality in Sex project and accompanying Orgasm Library of Real Sound, which is exactly what it sounds like. I'd strongly encourage you to check it out if you're interested in experiencing the diversity of female pleasure. Here's an excerpt:

As a way to express their pleasure and make their partners feel good, women might exaggerate their vocal feedback during sex. How else do you know she’s enjoying herself?
This is the great irony of sex. Your partner’s happiness makes you happy, but your partner might be faking it just to please you, because pleasing you makes them happy. This kind of backwardness could only be a product of sex education rooted in precaution, fear, and biology, rather than how it actually feels to have an intimate, sexual encounter. Relationships! Pleasure! Emotional wellbeing! All of this is neglected in favour of sterile anatomy drawings and pictures of pus-filled blisters. Add a culture of conflicting societal messages about sex, a healthy dose of shame, and you’re all set for a confusing experience. It’s no wonder we try replicate the fictions that appeal to us. The trouble is, we keep telling stories that are not our own.
Cue, the Orgasm Library of Real Sounds, an online repository of actual recordings of women having genuine sexual experiences. It’s that simple. It’s that beautiful. You can upload a sound clip anonymously, title it and tag it, and the website generates a gorgeous depiction of your climax.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Affiliates