Wednesday 14 February 2018

Review: Rocks-Off Atomic Bullet Vibrator

Thanks to Rocks-Off, we were able to try out some new products from their fancy-looking, metallic-finish line. I chose to try something different to what I already had. Enter the Atomic, its swooshy design and classy ombré colouring making it an enticing choice. It's like a bullet, but with extra flair.

This vibrator comes in some very elegant packaging. While not designed with affluence in mind, (my favourite still being my Svakom), it still manages to present itself with luxury. It also helps that the box has been sitting in plain sight in my bedroom for a couple of weeks now and has yet to attract attention. We got our review boxes shielded by cardboard envelopes that have the make and model printed on them, but it's plain enough to be unremarkable. Once you slide the insert off, however, it’s your standard display packaging -- a moulded plastic tray with the toy sitting inside. What I really liked was the very foncy pamphlet design inside featuring some great gold-on-black Rocks-Off style statements. I mean, they're are fairly useless, but entirely necessary for my visual happiness.

The vibe is battery powered, and most considerately comes with a battery already loaded. All you need to do is remove the white tab, and you’re ready to go. I have yet to discover how to actually open the battery hatch to replace it, however. I’ll let you know when I do find it out. As far as I’ve found, that’s the biggest design flaw.

It has 10 settings; your standard three constant vibrations, then a collection of pulsations, waves, and rhythms. These are cycled through using the button on the bottom. During use, this button can be a bit tricky if you’re using lube, as the toy becomes quite slippery. This is my first dance with a metallic-finish toy. The pros of this, however, is that it’s super easy to clean. A wet-wipe will do nicely until such a time as you can discreetly get to a bathroom to give the body-safe ABS plastic a proper seeing-to. This discretion makes it a great toy for students, parents, offspring living with their parents, or just your average human who likes their privacy and lives with other humans. Win.

Rocks-Off Atomic sex toy review South Africa sex-positive bullet vibrator sexuality
As I mentioned, the design is unusual in that it is a bullet but with two forks at the top. These are meant to cup your clitoris and deliver the vibrations to the sides. While it accomplishes that task admirably, I do find it uncomfortably wide for my particular anatomy.

That having been said, this is the only toy I’ve used that I can happily use the phrase “long and slow build-up.” I love the way you can tickle and excite slowly. The motor is not extremely powerful, so the slowest setting is a very pleasant tickling sensation, and the two forks mimic fingers, which I like. I think it’s perfect for foreplay. This makes it a great precursor to other, more powerful and insistent toys.

Nevertheless, this is not to say that it doesn’t do the job on its own. I found it a bit of an adventure to find the right positioning for it, but once I did I found the variety of sensations it can produce is really varied. Aside from the intended clit-cupping, you can use the side for a more linear and concentrated experience. Then there are the tips of the forks. These can provide some great distracting techniques, without losing your excitement. The highest constant setting delivers a satisfying buzz, while not being overwhelming.

While this toy can lead you to orgasm on its own, I do prefer using it in conjunction with other toys. It’s a wonderful little piece, since you can then target other areas and bring more exciting play into your masturbation. Its compact build and quiet motor mean it’s a very dextrous and discreet addition to a collection. Not to mention it becomes fabulous for travelling. Just don’t forget to take out the battery ... somehow.

Thanks again to Rocks-Off for providing this cute little toy for our review!


Website  ♡  Facebook  ♡  YouTube  ♡  Twitter  ♡  Pinterest  ♡  Google+ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Affiliates