Monday 14 January 2019

Review: Rose Quartz Yoni Eggs

Oh Glow Blog Rose Quartz Yoni Egg review South Africa sex positive kegel sex toys
We've reviewed a few products from the Knysna-based retailer Yoni Eggs before, and I've been consistently impressed by both the quality of Juliet's products and service.This time, we had the chance to try out two of the beautiful rose quartz eggs in both small and medium sizes.

I'm familiar with the medium size after previously reviewing the Red Jasper egg. It's meant to be better for intermediate users, while the small is seen as a bit more advanced even though it's obviously lighter. This is due to the fact that the vaginal muscles need to be at a certain degree of tone to be able to hold the small egg inside the body. When you're doing the exercises rather than just wearing it out and about, it can be more difficult due to the strength and control required.

Oh Glow Blog Rose Quartz Yoni Egg review South Africa sex positive kegel sex toys
My previous egg was a stone of focus, strength, and assertiveness. I'm a pretty soft and gentle person, and it felt like some extra power was needed in my life at that time. The rich ochre of that reddish stone is pretty in its own way, with its dramatic swirls and loops, but it's a robust prettiness that suits the connotations of this crystal. Nevertheless, my usual inclination is to go with other suitably soft colours that match my personality, and rose quartz is very much my aesthetic.

Like me, the stone is gentle and is meant to promote calmness and compassion in the user, which are beautiful qualities to cultivate. Despite this, I'm very aware that balance is important and sometimes it's possible to be too soft, so I keep my practise with the rose quartz eggs sparing. I love the look of the crystal -- it's difficult to capture on camera, but the smaller egg is so pale in colour that it's almost translucent, and the medium one is more opaque with an almost white spot in the surface. Both have tiny glittery flecks inside that occasionally sparkle when the light touches them, and they are absolutely beautiful.

Each egg comes with a padded drawstring pouch, a tiny box of unflavoured dental floss that acts as a retrieval cord, and a mascara wand for cleaning the drilled hole in the point of the egg. Along with a description on the properties of that stone, the eggs come with a small card on caring for and using your egg. You can read more about this here, but it's important to clean your egg before use by soaking it for twelve hours in a mixture of warm water, salt, and a few drops of tea tree oil to rid it of bacteria. This also serves to cleanse it of any lingering energy, so should be done on a fairly regular basis to prevent a build up of any negative vibes that may accumulate during use. If this is sounding a touch hippy-dippy for you, that's okay. Not everyone puts stock into the energetic properties of crystals. You can still appreciate the beauty of these objects and use them to augment your pelvic floor strengthening exercises without bothering too much about the more esoteric factors at play. Nevertheless, it's still a good idea to clean your egg using the salt-and-tea-tree solution for hygiene purposes.

Oh Glow Blog Rose Quartz Yoni Egg review South Africa sex positive kegel sex toys
Having never tried a small egg before, I was keen to see how that would affect my practise. I started out by using it passively -- just wearing it while going about my day. The lightness of the stone is such that I pretty much forget it's even there, but it's noticeably difficult to perform regular yoni exercises with the smaller size. I tried some egg-assisted yoga and struggled to feel a connection to my muscles with many of the exercises -- just goes to show I need more focused egg-time I guess. Juliet describes how a strong mind/body connection can be created through the focused exercises that build dexterity of the pelvic floor, which is pretty cool. Overall, I still really enjoy using the larger egg for its weight and dimensions because it's felt a lot better when exercising. If you're new to Yoni Egg practise or don't really want to purchase multiple eggs, the medium size should be just fine for most users.

As for the after-effects, I definitely feel that that the mind/body connection develops with time. In my experience, regular practise helps to make me more open to arousal as well, which is great -- it's possibly a combination of additional awareness directed to the area, increased blood-flow, and the fact that it promotes some natural lubrication as well.

Personally, I love using these eggs and try to match them according to what I feel I need at the moment -- a little more confidence and focus, or a little more self-love. They're beautiful products and I highly recommend Juliet's service. Plus, if you buy from the website using my link below, you're helping me out a bit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Affiliates