Saturday 30 March 2019

Review: Satisfyer Pro 4 Couples

Oh Glow Blog Satisfyer Pro 4 Couples toy review south african sex blog
 
The Satisfyer brand has been especially supportive of our little blog, and I must admit that I am a big fan of their amazing suction/air pulse technology. Nevertheless, I've had this toy for ages and just haven't felt inspired enough to type up a proper review -- I just kept hoping that I'd somehow like it more as time went on. But not everything works for every body, and that's totally okay. This product was provided in exchange for a fair and candid review, so it's important to be honest.

As usual, the packaging is attractive, and the toy itself is made of ABS plastic and silicone which is soft as all hell. It presents itself as quite luxurious. In terms of product design, I was a bit alarmed by the shape as it is very pointy. Playing around with the controls made me feel they were relatively easy to understand, but I found that they can be difficult to use. There are two ovals -- the inner one controls the strength of the suction and the outer one acts as the on/off for both functions. It’s kind of difficult to reach the vibration function, and you can forget about trying to control it during any sort of playtime ... but I’ll get to that.

Oh Glow Blog Satisfyer Pro 4 Couples toy review south african sex blog
Now, as you may know from previous posts, the Satisfyer suction function is one of my favourite toy features ever. Understandably, then, I was quite excited to try it out with this new and unfamiliar shape. I started out by trying it out on my own and found the vibrations rather weak despite the company's claims of "ten powerful settings." The motor is very quiet though, which I appreciate. However, what I did find disappointing was how very difficult it was for me to find a good position for the suction bit. No matter how I tried to position it, it simply didn’t reach the right spot. There isn’t enough manoeuvrability to properly direct it where you want -- and my anatomy is usually pretty forgiving with dual-stim toys.

And also, my fears were confirmed with the sharpness of the internal "fin" part. It is relatively ineffective, which I mostly expected when playing by myself. So I decided to get my partner involved. For this we used a strap-on, so I can’t report on how it feels from the perspective of a penis.

However, this was where the toy really just fell apart for me. It was just too uncomfortable to use during actual sexual activity. I could really feel the fin digging into me in a way that was most definitely not the amazing G-spot stimulation often touted by toys designed to be used during partnered sex -- not ideal with something this pointy shape. And the suction area was still nowhere near my clitoris and impossible to direct in a way that felt good. It was a far cry from the marketing copy on the Satisfyer website, which was bold enough to claim, "once the tempting design has seduced you, you will be on the path to sharing simultaneous ecstasy."
Sure, Satisfyer. Let's go with that.

Oh Glow Blog Satisfyer Pro 4 Couples toy review south african sex blog
In the end, it just became an uncomfortable thing impeding the usual connection between me and my partner, with the added loss of actually obscuring access to most of my pleasure points. It's also a little awkward when trying to change the settings -- the controls become almost impossible to get to or use at that angle; they are also fairly confusing. Hardly as intuitive as the website claims.

And the light! It has this little LED that's just on during use and wow, the light blinds you. I get it, it’s a feature on most toys (almost all of mine) that the controls light up when in use. I guess it's meant to allow you to easily change the settings in the dark, which makes sense. But this is awful for partner play. Imagine having this searing LED light glowing by your nether regions -- it’s just off-putting. Although, the one saving grace was the comic relief. I just kept laughing because it lights up my partner’s face from beneath, like those horror games you used to play as a kid.

All in all, while Satisfyer still remains one of my favourite toy brands, they really missed the mark on this for me. Nevertheless, I think they have redeemed themselves with their new Multifun toy (review here and here!).

Still, I highly recommend the brand and its suction/vibration line. Check out our previous reviews and hit them up on social media below.

Website  ♡  Facebook  ♡  YouTube  ♡  Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Affiliates