Tuesday 11 August 2020

Review: Bestvibe Super Smooth Waterproof Bullet

I was sent this cute little beeb courtesy of Bestvibe; a wholesale sex toy company in exchange for my review. The focus on affordable toys and let me tell you, this tiny bullet cutie runs for under 13 USD and it packs a punch for its diminutive size! But is the Super Smooth Waterproof Bullet worth it? Well, it's complicated.

This tiny little vibe is cute and has a minimalist charm that I love. Black on black is my preferred aesthetic, although it also comes in silver, gold, and pink. I also really like the almost featureless smoothness of this toy. It's just very understated and cool. The toy is a classic bullet shape made from ABS plastic sheathed in silicone, broken only by its single button which depresses with a satisfying click. You need to charge it by impaling it with a tiny USB charging pin; something that will never fail to both amuse and horrify me; and it's waterproof. It comes in the tiniest, lipstick-sized box with the instructions printed on the side (no unnecessary packaging or paper manuals!), with nothing but its itty bitty charger. Pared down, sleek, minimal. We love it.
 
Let the records show how great it is that affordable, body-safe toys are easier to find with what used to be "premium" features. Rechargeable/Waterproof? This was the stuff of dreams back in the day, and now it's just de rigeur. So good to know that the tech and materials are accessible enough to disseminate to pretty much anyone.

Perhaps another sign of cheaper and more accessible technology, but this vibrator is shockingly powerful. Extremely buzzy, but powerful. Like, more intense than you'd expect. I was astonished, until I clicked the button and realised that the default starting speed is high. This means that you need to press the single button to cycle down to lower speeds. That strikes me as decidedly odd, but wait -- it gets worse. There are also seven vibration patterns you need to skip between in order to get from high to low. Essentially, this toy is not user friendly. I'm certain that most people prefer to begin their stimulation on a lower level and ramp up; not start at max and then go down. And then if you cycle through from high to mid to start your masturbation at low, like a normal person, you need to get through seven other setting to get what you want. 

Due to the power of this tiny bullet, I can't imagine that you'd feel the need to make such an arduous shift to go from low to a medium to high speed very often. But it's just the principal of the thing. It seems incredibly unintuitive and just bad UX. Nevertheless, the might of this bullet's buzzy vibrations are a problem in themselves. The toy is actually really difficult to hold at higher speeds because it numbs your fingers out with that burning, itching, tinny, surface-level vibration that characterises buzzy vibes.
 
Are you confused? Take a look at this visual demonstration of buzzy versus rumbly vibrations. See how a buzzy vibe will concentrate sensation on the outermost layers of skin? It can easily lead to overstimulation of the area and maybe even an experience so intense it's a touch painful. I've only ever used this toy through underwear because I feel like I need a bit of a dampener between it and my skin -- smooth out the jagged feel of those intensely buzzy vibrations. Using this toy made me reflect on the myth of excessive vibration use reducing sensitivity and hypothesising that it originated from buzzy sex toys. I'm no vag scientist, but the Tango has never done this to me and it has a far rumblier effect.

In essence, my feelings on this toy are mixed. I love the design -- it's so minimal and easy to stash anywhere. I like the way that it's waterproof and rechargeable. I love its price point. But I think that starting on the highest level and then cycling through all these patterns to get to the lower levels is ridiculous; and the buzzy vibrations are on the border of painful.

However, I can still see the appeal. Perhaps you'd like to nab a small, decent, and inexpensive vibrator for travelling. This little vibe will do the job without the trauma I'd feel if I accidentally left my Tango somewhere. Maybe you need cute, pleasure-themed party favours for a group of people. Maybe you just want to have a low-investment option to fit in a bullet-compatible dildo. The Super Smooth waterproof bullet is a cute piece that works, but it might not become your favourite toy. 

And at that price, that's okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Affiliates