Monday 21 November 2016

Featured: Lana Del Rey and DD/lg

Oh Glow Blog Lana Del Rey DDlg
What is DD/lg? And what does Lana Del Rey have to do with it? I discussed this subset of BDSM culture in my post at Slutty Girl Problems.
Del Rey also uses a lot of suspiciously “rough” imagery, comparing herself to an angel looking to be fucked hard, or reminiscing about wildly beloved partners that she knows are bad for her (“You’re no good for me / but baby I want you, I want you”). She often combines passionate romance with elements of danger, and seems to beg to be looked after. Sweetly, she cajoles “Be a good baby / Tell me you own me,” or sings “Put your hands on my waist / Do it softly.” But it’s lines like “Let me put on a show for you, daddy” and “You can be the boss, daddy / You can be the boss” that speak for themselves. Members of the community have even interpreted “He hit me and it felt like a kiss […] Give me all of that ultraviolence” to be akin to a girl asking for a pleasurable spanking.

Interested in learning more about DD/lg and why those in the scene are so into Lana's music? Read the full post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Affiliates